Visit our Location
Hoxton Park Rd, Hinchinbrook
Give us a Call
(02) 8783 8502
Send us a Message
Opening Hours
Mon - Friday : 9AM - 5PM
Saturday: 9AM - 12PM

Have you injured yourself at work?

Come and talk to one of our practitioners to see if we can help!

What should I do if I get injured at work?

It is important to report any workplace incident to your employer as this enables them to notify the insurer within 48 hours. If your injury is serious, your employer must notify SafeWork NSW immediately on 13 10 50

What happens after that?

Generally, when the insurer has been notified, they will contact you, your employer and if necessary your general practitioner (GP) within 3 business days. They will provide you with information about payments and a reference number. This is usually referred to as the claim number.

Is there anybody I need to consult?

You will need to see a GP and get a certificate of capacity (formerly a medical certificate) as it’s the main way in which your doctor communicates with everyone in your support team. This form is then returned to your employer to modify your pre-existing work duties if needed.
In your certificate, your doctor can identify:

  • Any medical treatment you may need
  • Your capacity for work such as how much and what type of activities you can perform
  • Referral to a workplace rehabilitation provider
  • Any delays in your recovery
When can I receive treatment for my injury?

If your GP refers you to an allied health professional to help you recover at work and your claim has been approved for treatment.